We had read the Punic wars a few months ago, but we decided to read them again since we are studying Rome. It was great to hear while I was reading that the children still remembered the details of the story and got so excited to hear it again(it is an incredibly amazing story). They rushed over to the table to draw pictures of the story.

Hannibal the Carthaginian decided to approach Italy from Spain, but this meant he had to cross the Alps, which everyone thought was impossible. He had many soldiers and elephants, but he achieved it, and managed to get through to Italy.

I love how Niamh drew the mountains so steep. In the story it speaks about how the mountains were high and one wrong foot meant being dashed to your death, and certainly Niamh tried to capture this danger.
1 comment:
Neevy,
Well done, I love your pictures of the steep mountains, looks like the people could easily fall to their death. Well captured.
Lots of love from Nana
Post a Comment